Together we will work to strengthen sustainable development, reduce poverty and migration from the small districts, encourage creativity and illuminate opportunities and knowledge about entrepreneurship.
Effectively Active teaching and learning on Entrepreneurship in economically underdeveloped and rural areas
Local communities in rural areas in Croatia, such as the municipality of Gracac, have greater challenges than urban places in several areas. The area around Lika has had major and devastating consequences as a result of war. In addition to the lack of development of educational programs, there are scarce resources and climate change.
Vinco Innovation has been honored to take part in the PODUZMI project together with project partners Nikola Tesla Elementary School, Gračac, University of Zadar and the project promotor Institution for the development of competencies, innovation and specialization of Zadar County, INOVACIJA.
Goal of PODUZMI
The general goal of the project is to contribute to the sustainable development of rural areas, reduce poverty and the displacement of young people, and encourage social inclusion and innovation in deprived municipalities and towns of Zadar County. The implementation of the project will contribute to the development of the competences of teachers and other educational workers and will develop a new teaching model in entrepreneurship with the aim of developing the knowledge, skills and competences of students in rural and deprived areas. Together we will work to strengthen sustainable development, reduce poverty and migration from the small districts, encourage creativity and illuminate opportunities and knowledge about entrepreneurship.
Impact we want to create
- Develop and implement innovative learning models about entrepreneurship to raise awareness of the lack of resources and climate change
- Create interdisciplinary collaborations between public, private and academic partners.
- Encourage creativity and create sustainable jobs over time by increasing the potential for entrepreneurship in rural areas.
- Contribute to reducing inequalities between urban and rural areas.
Outcomes of the project
- Improved/renewed competence and skills of teachers and other staff within pedagogy in the primary school system.
- Improved/renewed practices and approaches to further develop skills and competence within STEM, ICT, entrepreneurship and active citizenship. – Institutional cooperation for exchange and good practice on competence and skills at all levels of education.
- Supported bilateral cooperation
The project has a 1.5-year timeframe, from June 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023.
Project promotor: Institution for the development of competencies, innovation and specialization of Zadar County INOVACIJA
- Nikola Tesla Elementary School, Gračac,
- University of Zadar,
- Vinco Innovation AS
Link to project web page.
Project funded by
Iceland, Liechtenstein and
Program: Local development and poverty reduction
Financing: Financial mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Kingdom of Norway
Total value of the project: EUR 198,923.57
Support intensity: 100% (85% donor funds and 15% state budget funds)
More information about the program: here
More information about the financial mechanism here.
Targeted Sustainable Development Goals
Statement – 28th of August, 2023
Need help to innovate successfully?
We work with you to help you build environment that encourages innovation.
Feel free to make a contact with us in order to discuss your innovation challenges and how to approach them.
< Breakthrough to Scale
view all projects
OPERA SDZ >